Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) is a small, enveloped, positive-sense, single-stranded RNA Virus. HCV is now known to be the major cause of parenterally transmitted non-A, non-B hepatitis. HCV rapid test kits diagnostic method is commonly used now.
Antibody to HCV is found in over 80% of patients with well-documented non-A, non-B hepatitis. Conventional methods fail to isolate the virus in cell culture or visualize it by electron microscope. Cloning the viral genome has made it possible to develop serologic assays that use recombinant antigens. Medikament, one of the professional HCV test kit manufacturers, provides various rapid test IVD kits for different needs.
Compared to the first generation HCV EIAs using single recombinant antigen, multiple antigens using recombinant protein and/or synthetic peptides have been added in new serologic tests to avoid nonspecific cross-reactivity and to increase the sensitivity of the HCV antibody tests.
The one step HCV test kit (whole blood/serum/plasma), also known as hepatitis C-test kit or hep C-test kit, is a rapid test to qualitatively detect the presence of antibody to HCV in a whole blood, serum or plasma specimen. The test utilizes colloid gold conjugate and recombinant HCV proteins to selectively detect antibody to HCV in whole blood, serum or plasma.There combinant HCV proteins used in the test kit are encoded by the genes for both structural (nucleocapsid) and non-structural proteins. The HCV rapid test kits diagnostic type is a rapid chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detection of antibody to Hepatitis C Virus in whole blood, serum or plasma.
Convenient and quick to perform at-home hepatitis c test.
1. 25 Individual sealed pouches, each containing:
2. One extraction buffer in a dropper bottle (6mL): 0.01M phosphate buffer saline (PBS).
Material Required But Not Provided:
Preferred indicators for HCV screening
HCV infection diagnosis indicators
HCV treatment evaluation index
HCV early infection diagnostic indicators
The best supplementary indicator for HCV antibody detection
1. Open the pouch containing a cassette, an extraction tube and an extraction buffer, take out of them and put the cassette on a table.
2. Take blood sample, add 2 drops (approximately 60ul) of serum/plasma into the cassette with the pipet.
3. If it's whole blood, add 1 drop (approximately 30ul) into cassette with a pipet. Then add 2 drop (approximately 80ul) of wash buffer.
4. Read results within 10-15 minutes.
5. View PDF for further understanding.